The trial of women who went on a protest on the anniversary of the terrorist attack in the school #1 in Beslan has finished. It lasted until 3 am.
Three women: Svetlana Margieva, Ella Kesaeva, and Emilia Bzarova were sentenced to 20 hours of community service (because they could not afford to pay a fine).
Zemfira Tsirikhova, who did not participate in the rally, but was next to Emma Betrozova at the moment of detention, was also sentenced to community service: for “being in a group of women”, and “making statements.”
Emma Betrozova and Jeanne Tsirikhova got a fine of 20,000 rubles (approx. $300 – RRT): they did not know they could ask for an alternative punishment.
They are going to appeal the court’s decision, and going for medical assessment on Tuesday morning: as it was previously reported, some of them were injured during the arrest.
On Thursday morning, five women who have lost their loved ones in the terrorist attack, organized a rally with T-shirts “Putin is the butcher of Beslan”, blaming the president of Russia for the tragedy.
As it was reported by Novaya Gazeta, the participants were:
- Ella Kesaeva (her daughter Zarina was a hostage);
- Emma Betrozova (her husband Ruslan, and two sons, 16-year-old Alan, and 14-year-old Aslan, have died);
- Jeanne Tsirikhova (was held hostage along with her two daughters, one of them 8-year-old Elizabeth Tsirikhova died);
- Svetlana Margieva (was a hostage with his daughter Elvira, who died in her arms);
- Emilia Bzarova (her husband, mother in law, and two sons were hostages, 9-year-old Aslan Dzasarov died).