ISIS claimed responsibility for the blast in Dagestan (Russia)

igil_9

The extremist group ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack on a police convoy, which occurred on March 29 in Dagestan, reports BBC Russian Service.

The Amaq news agency that supports ISIS has reported that the explosion of the police cars was arranged by a local cell of the organization.

Similar messages appeared on Wednesday on Twitter accounts of ISIS supporters.

The information about ISIS militants’ involvement in the bombing was confirmed by the analytical agency SITE Intelligence Group.

According to Amaq, the explosion killed 10 policemen, and 3 soldiers were injured.

Dagestan police told Reuters news agency that the explosion of two cars killed 1 policeman, and injured 2 others. The police has not established the type of the explosive device yet.

The explosion occurred near the village of New Hushet.

The group previously claimed responsibility for attacks in the North Caucasus. In February this year, the ISIS said about its involvement in a car explosion near the police stationary post in the Derbent district of Dagestan. In December 2015, a shooting towards visitors happened at an observation deck in Derbent.

Source: minval.az

 

Image: minval.az